Monday, March 30, 2009

PROUD GRANDMA ALERT!

This is my newest grandson, Nicholas Ryan Myers Jr.
He was born at 1:01 a.m. on March 28, 2009.
He was 5 lbs 10.6 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long.


I was so fortunate to be there when he was born.

He is so cute and such a sweetheart!



I knitted this Baby Feet cloth for him.

I used Plymouth Yarn Fantasy Naturale.

I have had this pattern saved for some time. I finally had a reason to make it.



I have a list of things I want to make for him. Just need to finish up a few other things first.




These three cloths are Cloth of the Week patterns. They were all pretty easy to knit.




This one is Garden Lattice. It's the pattern for 7-13-08.

I used Peaches and Creme Light Sage.







Fancy Hat Knit Dishcloth.
Bonus pattern for March '09.


I used Peaches and Creme Delft Blus




Diamond Half Drop

Pattern for 1-19-09.


I used Peaches and Creme Daisy Ombre.





I do have more dishcloths to add but when I was down loading the pictures, it seemed like there was so many of them. I get them organized and there wasn't that many. Oh well ..... guess I'll add them next time.

Now, back to last Christmas .....

I made these sets up for my kids for Christmas. They also got some home made jam, jelly and relish.

The first set is for my daughter, Melonie. The second set is for my oldest son, Bryon and the third set is for my youngest son, Nic.

My kids have standing orders for the Scalloped Hot Pads. They can't have enough of them. These hot pads are really nice and thick. I have literally made hundreds of these. Guess if you find a good pattern, you stick with it.

The Baked With Love cloths is a Rachel van Schie pattern.

The I Love You ASL cloth is a pattern by Amy-lynne Mitchell. I changed the boarder on these to a seed stitch boarder.

These cloths are very special to them. When they get in the car to leave, I always give them this sign.











I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I want to share a few of these with you. I'm not sure where I picked these up at but we enjoy them. I hope that you enjoy them too!


Banana Cream Cheese Bread

8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup mashed banans
2 eggs
2-1/4 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1 cup chopped nuts

Combine softened cream cheese, sugar and margarine, mixing until well blended. Blend in bananas and eggs. Add combined dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Fold in nuts. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.


Banana Sour Cream Bread

1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
3 eggs
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans.

In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.

In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.

Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


Peach Bread

3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups diced canned peaches, drained
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
Blend in the sugar, oil, and vanilla.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix just to combine.
Stir in the peaches and nuts.
Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake for about 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh your grandson is adorable. I was there for my grandsons birth too, it was so special.

The cloths look great, I had that Rachel pattern too but never got around to making it yet.

Katidids said...

What a sweetie! I loved being there for my Grand daughters birth!
Love the cloths, beautiful work!