Monday, April 14, 2008

Life has been more than a little taxing this year. My husband and I have suffered several losses, one right after another. This has also stirred up several health problems that I have. I got a small taste of what Job went through. It is hard to say that God is good all the time when the rug has been pulled out from under you. It is so easy to say when things are going good but when the going get tough ...... well .... that's another story. I don't understand it and can't trace God's hand but I have to trust His heart.

It amazes me just how quickly some people lie and just how fast those lies are believed. What is worse, these were people that I held in high regards.
Anyway ...... enough about life. Now onto the fun things :)


This is a Sleep Mask that I knitted. It is the first time that I tried this stitch and I really like the yarn. It is Sugar 'N Cream Country Print.

I have a lot of problems sleeping and have been looking for one of these for some time. I was so happy when I found this pattern on Ravelry. It didn't take long to knit up at all. I know that it isn't perfect but it will do the job.




This is my Spring Shawl. It is made out of recycled yarn. I wanted a cotton yarn but didn't want the dishcloth cotton so ...... I headed to my LYS and found this. It's Knit One Crochet Too 2nd Time Cotton. I would use this yarn again.


Now I'll have to see just how long I hang onto it. My daughter likes it too.

2 comments:

DawnK said...

That shawl and sleep mask look great! I'm not brave enough to attempt a shawl!

Oceana said...

I get bad headaches and use those little eye pillows filled with flax and lavender. I made little pillow cases for them since they can't be washed, and this is what I discovered... I used a black batik fabric on one and was so surprised at how much better it kept the light out. You might want to try some very dark yarn for your sleep masks.
Also, your shawl is lovely. I also have that pattern for "some day" I have a Swallowtail shawl I made with KnitPicks Shine sport - cotton, very soft and drapey and it even went into the commercial washer and dryer by mistake - and came out great. Quite reasonably priced too.