Sunday, June 29, 2008

Done Jumped Off Into The Deep End .....

I have been looking at my stash .... looking at patterns .... back at my stash ..... back at the patterns. I finally decided to just jump in .... feet first!


This is my first knitted lace item. It's the Branching Out scarf pattern on Ravelry.












After I decided on this one, I read some of the comments. One said that it isn't a good first knitted lace project. Oh well ..... I decided to do it anyway. I'm not afraid of a challenge.

I figure that I'll take my time and go slow.

I don't know what the yarn is. This is some that I bought at the Goodwill store here.

Wish me luck!



I have had some fun these past few days and knitted some more dishcloths. Really, I tried to get my queue down some on Ravelry but when I took one off, I added a few more. Guess I lost a lot of ground. Oh well ..... this keeps me knitting and out of trouble ..... almost. It is so fun collecting patterns!



Here is what I accomplished .....


















This one is a Ravelry pattern. It's called Clover Tweed.

I absolutely love this cloth. I love the feel of it. I love the way it made up.

I wish that you could reach in and feel it.

My husband suggested an afghan made like this.
Hmmmmm ..........







This one is another Ravelry pattern, Illusion Heart.










It isn't a very big cloth. I guess it would be great for kids.

I know that my choices for the yarn wasn't the best bit I still like it :)






This one is Scrap Slip Stitch Tile.











The possibilities are endless.

I looked at this pattern and looked at the odds and ends that I have left over. It is a great way to use up the left-overs!

I know this pattern came from the Cloth of the Week group. This is a great group for dishcloth patterns and help. If someone is thinking about getting into knitting dishcloths, I would recommend this groups as well as the Monthly Dishcloth group.






This one is Tuscany Tile Roof. If I remember right, the pattern came from the Cloth of the Week group.










I really liked how this one came out. It's a great cloth.

I am trying to expand my knitting abilities. There are times that I get so frustrated though.






This one is called Twisted Crochet Dishcloth.











It's a real easy one to crochet and is real thick.

Thought about crocheting two together and using it for a hot pad.

The picture does not do it justice.









Kinda' puts me in mind of ......







I thought this one was cute. It is real easy to knit up and didn't take much time. I changed the boarder and added two rows to the bottom and one to the top to make it larger.

If I knit it up again, I'll add a few extra stitches to each side too.

This would be a cute one for a baby.


I know that I really need to get some things finished up for the fair. I have about three weeks left. So, if the weather isn't too hot, the dishcloths are put on hold.

5 comments:

LDSVenus said...

You are making a good start on the Branching Out. Once into the pattern you will enjoy it. :) You have sure been busy with dish cloths, they are a nice quick project to let you feel some accomplishment, especially when you are working on something that is gonna take awhile :P.

DawnK said...

Those are all very pretty! Looks like you've had a lot of time to knit! I've been working so much lately, and had finished a long-term project (a scarf), and I haven't had time to get anything new started, so I'm kind of in limbo right now.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've been busy since your last post! I love all of your cloths! I just put in my request for Ravelry...I've been seeing some neat cloths from there, and yours pushed me over the edge! Good luck with Branching Out, been thinking of trying that myself...keep us updated on it, you can do it!

Unknown said...

Your cloths and other items are beautiful!

auntbee said...

Sally, I may have to try knitting again after seeing all your beautiful things. BJ