Monday, June 23, 2008

What do I do with the bowl?


This is Lacy Waterfall. It is the mid-month KAL with monthly Dishcloth. It is a pretty cloth. I didn't block this one. I like the feel of it not blocked. O.K. I maybe a little weired but tell me something I don't know.
I had problems getting the holes in the cloth. I admit .... I have "issues" with holes but I am working on it. I know I'll get the hang of it yet. I'M NOT GIVING UP!!!!

I found this pattern in the April 2000 Magic Crochet. It's called Brioche Basket. I loved the pattern and love the bowl but not sure what I'm going to do with it. Right now I have it sitting on top of a book case. It will be fine there unless Lily decides it is in her way. In the event that it is in her way, it will come crashing down. I'm not going to leave it on top the book case but until I figure out what to do with it....

This was originally crocheted with a cream colored thread. Some grape pop got spilled on it and wasn't discovered right away. I tried to get the pop out but that didn't work so I decided to dye it. I got some grape pop but it wasn't the same. It dyed it a tan color. I guess not all grape pops are created equal. I had my daughter bring me over the same kind of soda that caused that problem. I was surprised. The pop had a dark red tint to it. Anyway ..... I let it set for about a week or so in the pop and was very pleased how it came out.

I have several older thread crochet magazines. I love looking to them but this causes many problems. I love to crochet with thread. I could crochet about everything in these magazines. I could spend hours (and have spent hours) drooling over the patterns. I can make this .... and this .... and this ..... (You get the picture.)
See, my kids love the afghans so I opt out of a lot of thread projects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bowl is very lovely! Even dyed it's lovely. I never thought to dye something with soda but it turned out great!

knittinggranny54 said...

georgous work
grandma steph

DawnK said...

The lacy bowl is so pretty and I love the colors of your dishcloth! Great job!

knitting in the southwest said...

I love your bowl. I also never thought to dye yarn with soda. Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!